A4 Office Bearers and Tasks
The election procedure in the GA for the delegated representatives
of three Countries to the IC is:
- The GA calls for nominations to fill the vacant position(s)
from interested Countries and makes a list in an alphabetic order.
- The maximum number of vacancies is three.
- The period over which a Country is delegated to the IC is two
- In the first vote each Country present indicates three
Countries from the alphabetic list which they wish to see delegated
to the IC.
- The first vote makes up a list of Countries in order of
- In the second vote each Country present chooses a number of
Countries, which is equivalent to the number of vacancies, from the
list of preference.
- If the votes do not agree, in a third vote each Country will
vote in separate rounds starting from the first Country in the list
of preference, up till all vacant positions in the IC are chosen.
- The election procedure is finished when the chosen
Country(ies) accept their appointment to the IC.
- The voting is secret.
The International Secretariat of the IOI can be found at URL:
Comments or submissions for the IS can be sent to:
The materials at the IOI Secretariat will include (items marked
with + are available, items marked with - are not yet available):
In some Countries there is no Ministry of Education. Meant are
those Ministries which are in charge for education.
- History and development of the IOI
- Long-term plans for the IOI
- IOI Regulations, current and past versions
- Membership list of the International Committee, with contact
- Membership list of the Board of Patrons, with contact info
- For each Past IOI:
- Official report of IOI'n
- Host country, place of competition, date,
Secretary-General of the IOI, Manager of IOI'n, President of the
General Assembly of IOI'n
- Organizing institution(s) and sponsor(s)
- Problem set
- Judging info
- Participating and Observing Countries, with contact info
- Results (score lists; medals awarded), other statistics
- List of future IOI Host Countries, with contact info and
- date, place of competition, organizing institution(s)
- Overall IOI statistics
- IOI mailing list
- Material for self-study
- Guidelines for IOI organization
- Info on National Informatics Olympiads
- Organizing institution(s), with contact info
- Historical info
- Organization: number of rounds, locations, pupils
- Some national olympiad problems translated into English
- Other IOI-Related info (e.g. concerning similar competitions)