A4 Office Bearers and Tasks
The election procedure in the GA for the delegated representatives of three Countries to the IC is:
- The GA calls for nominations to fill the vacant position(s) from interested Countries and
makes a list in an alphabetic order.
- The maximum number of vacancies is three.
- The period over which a Country is delegated to the IC is two years.
- In the first vote each Country present indicates three Countries from the alphabetic list
which they wish to see delegated to the IC.
- The first vote makes up a list of Countries in order of preference.
- In the second vote each Country present chooses a number of Countries, which is
equivalent to the number of vacancies, from the list of preference.
- If the votes do not agree, in a third vote each Country will vote in separate rounds starting
from the first Country in the list of preference, up till all vacant positions in the IC are
- The election procedure is finished when the chosen Country(ies) accept their appointment
to the IC.
- The voting is secret.
The International Secretariat of the IOI (IS) can be found at URL: http://olympiads.win.tue.nl/ioi/
Comments or submissions for the IS can be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The materials at the IOI Secretariat will include (items marked + are available, items marked - are
not (yet) available):
- History and Development of the IOI
- Long-Term Plans for the IOI
- IOI Regulations, current and past versions
- Member List of International Committee, with contact info
- Member List of Board of Patrons, with contact info
- For Each Past IOI:
- Official IOI Report
- Host Country, Place of Competition, Dates, Secretary-General of the IOI, Manager of
IOI'n , President of General Assembly
- Organizing Institution(s) and Sponsor(s)
- Problem Set, - Judging Info, - Solutions
- Participating and Observing Countries, with contact info
- Results (score lists; medals awarded), Other Statistics
- List of Future IOI Host Countries, with contact info and
- Dates, Place of Competition, Organizing Institution(s)
- Overall IOI Statistics
- IOI Mailing List
- Material for Self-Study
- Guidelines for IOI Organization
- Info on National Informatics Olympiads
- Organizing Institution(s), with contact info
- Historic info
- Organization: number of rounds, locations, pupils
- Some national olympiad problems translated into English
- Other IOI-Related info (e.g. concerning similar competitions)
In some Countries there is no Ministry of Education. Meant are those Ministries which are in
charge for education.
A6 Responsibilities of Present Host
The Present Host is obliged to prepare Guidelines for the organization, a plan suited for the local
situation of IOI'n, for the production, organization, timetables and distribution of information of:
The Competition Procedures contain information about: asking questions, reporting
failures, testing datafiles, printing, decision using private diskettes -with or without software or
datafiles-, decision about using private printed or written materials, visiting the refreshment
rooms, handing in solutions, and so on, during the Competition.
- Present Host: Organizing Institute(s), Host Team, secretariat of IOI'n. names and
complete adresses. - Program: Dates of IOI'n, dates and times of Opening Ceremony,
Competitions, General Assembly, Awarding and Closing Ceremony, agenda of social
& cultural program.
- Locations: Complete adresses of all IOI'n location(s), buildings, rooms, maps.
- Facilities: Computers for Leaders and Contestants, Internet, photocopier, organizational &
technical support, support to and from International Secretariat.
- Board & lodging and leisure: Bedrooms, meals, mealtimes, facilities for refreshment,
sport, medical care and insurance.
- Registration: Invitation to participate, newsletters, registration forms/procedures for
Participants, Observers and Guests, deadlines for registration, fees for Observers and
Guests, list of names, addresses and bedrooms of Participants, Observers and Guests.
- Country information: Visum, travelling between seaport or airport and IOI'n location(s),
travelling between IOI'n location(s), public transport, currency, stamps, public telephone,
climate, complete address of tourist association, voltage.
- Competition: Establishing a Scientific Committee, global description and preparation of
Competition Tasks and associated Judging Model, equipment & software, conducting
the Competition, technical support, Competition Procedures.
- Awarding: Judging Procedures, medals.
- Proceedings: Production and distribution.
- Financing (not necessarily public): Fees, sponsors, accounting.
Created on JUN-01-95, last updated on JUN-02-95 by
Last updated on JUN-23-95 by Richard Verhoeven