IOI2001 Delegation Questionnaire
There were 74 delegations at IOI2001.
Delegations that attended the IOI Feedback meeting received a questionnaire.
By the end of IOI2001, we had received 32 completed forms (almost 45%).
The survey was optionally anonymous.
All results published here are anonymized.
Brief summary of results
The scale in the question about suitability of tasks was labeled incorrectly.
Easy...Mid...Hard was intended as Not...Mid...Much.
In most cases, it is not clear how the scale was actually interpreted.
Therefore, the answers to this question cannot be interpreted reliably.
- 7..12: SCORE was considered least understandable,
followed by IOIWARI at medium, and DOUBLE and DEPOT just somewhat better;
TWOFIVE and especially MOBILES were deemed easy to understand.
- 13..18: Translatability for SCORE has a diffuse rating (1/5 hard);
MOBILES, IOIWARI, TWOFIVE, DOUBLE, and DEPOT are all rated more towards
the easy end.
- 19: MOBILES is liked best by 3/10 of the respondents,
DEPOT by over 1/5, IOIWARI by about 1/6,
TWOFIVE and SCORE by 1/10;
DOUBLE by none.
Compare to competitors' questionnaire.
- 20: TWOFIVE is liked least by 1/4 of the respondents,
SCORE by over 1/5; DOUBLE by 1/6; IOIWARI by 1/8;
MOBILES and DEPOT by just a few.
- 21: Well over 3/4 of the respondents liked the idea of output-only tasks.
- 22: More than 1/2 of the respondents had
something to say about the
Task Approval Procedure.
- 23: The FreePascal compiler was supported by the majority,
with only a few doubters;
- 24: The FreePascal IDE has little support.
- 25: The Gcc/G++ compiler has no opponents.
- 26: The RHIDE is supported to some extent by a majority,
but not as much as the FreePascal compiler, though much better than
the FreePascal IDE.
- 27: Over 2/3 of the respondents favor a Unix-like environment for
1/4 prefers some Windows variant.
- 28: In case of a single development environment for competitors,
there are a few more supporters for Linux than for Windows.
- 29: The majority considered the grading system used at IOI2001
suitable for the competitors.
- 30: On the whole, the evaluation reports were rated as good.
- 31: After-grading support is clearly in need of improvement.
- 32: An overwhelming majority finds a Practice Competition
- 33: Also the grading info handouts have a lot of support.
- 34: Extra score statistics are favored by most.
- 35: Questionnaires have major support.
- 36: 1/2 of the respondents provide further comments.
IOI Secretariat /
Internet service provided by
TUE = Eindhoven University of Technology